Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cottahging



Well, after spending a long rainy weekend at the cottage with the family, I decided to stay on for a few days on my own. It continue to dribble-drabble outside but gosh, was it beautiful. Being in a vacation cottage baking mood with nothing but ready-made bran muffin mix, I decide to skin and chop up some apples (apparently, I'm allergic to apple skins!) and add some nutmeg and cinnamon to the Quaker's Low-Fat Bran Mix that was yelling to me from the kitchen cabinet. The muffins turned out yum (as all mixes do!) but what was more impressive was the weather on the morning after. After a very hectic couple of summer months, the cottage was a perfect way to unwind between baking, Petit Nicolas, Bananagrams (!) and a serious jam sess with a friend... aaaaaaaah, simply a dive into bliss.

Yours truly,
The Baker's Apprentice.

PS. I couldn't stop humming this Louie beaut... but I blame that on my friend, Talia.


No comments:

Post a Comment