Friday, August 6, 2010

The Resurrection.

It seems try three did the trick. Having such a disastrous day with those burnt cookies, I decided that I shouldn't be so discouraged so easily. So after crawling home from work on Friday and feeling too exhausted to drag myself out dancing, I decided to bury my head in baking, and quite literally in that. As per usu, flour in my hair, smoking oven, bits of butter on the floor... you know, the works. But they turned out fabulously! Last time, the pans probably got too hot and burnt the bottom of the cookies so lining the sheets was key. I believe the oven smoked because I used wax paper instead of parchment. Apparently, wax paper should be used for cupcakes and the like, where the batter covers most of the paper, hence why it started to burn in the oven.

Also, my oven just hates me.

Anyway, the biscuits turned out deliciously, although slightly on the crisp side. So, HOORAY! for not giving up and surviving!

Yours,
The Baker's Apprentice.

No comments:

Post a Comment